Tuesday 24 April 2012

Half the truth

My mistress continues to vex me. She has claimed that honesty is the best way of communicating. And for a long while, it seemed like she truly believed it. Lately, however, it seems she has developed some doubts. I always suspected my mistress of being a shy of conflicts. I try to convince her that conflict is unavoidable, that it is best to get it out of the way as quickly as possible, and to a certain extent, she agrees. However, she seems unable to follow my advice. She omits the truth or disguises it with white lies when it is unpleasant for the receiver. I wish she would realize that concealing the truth would only lead to more lies. I know she would want nothing but the truth herself, even if it might be difficult for her to accept at first. I have given her nothing but the truth, and I believe that she has grown tougher from it.
I realize that she thinks them fragile, these people she lies to. She convinces herself that it is because she doesn't think they could handle the brutal honesty. She has to try to break it to them gently, by giving them (more or less) subtle hints. But she has no plan B if that doesn't work. Some people simply don't read between the lines, and if they do, they refuse to understand. I'm convinced that nothing but the raw and naked truth will make them understand.

No comments: