Tuesday 23 December 2008

The holidays: a time to... catch up?

We haven't been home for even a week, and I'm already boring my wits of. If that is even a correct expression. My mistress insists upon being cooped up in this tiny appartment in this boring industrial area. Who is she kidding? She's miserable and crearly not brightening the mood for anyone. and I'm running out of distractions.
Taking a walk is out of the question; my mistress would probably get lost or bored within a couple of minutes. Being social requires too much of her attention. She'd rather stare absent-mindedly into space to distract her from everyday life. Not that there's much to be distracted from. The television is filled with brain cell killing entertainment, she's read all of her books and refuses to buy any new ones because then she'd have to pack them in her suitcase when she leaves.
And so I'm stuck here with her and her family. Even they find an escape from reality. The fact that the television contains nothing but hazard doesn't seem to stop them. Me, I'm ripping my hair out trying to figure out how to survive the insanity for another two weeks.
It probably doesn't have to be this bad. She could ease up on her folks, clean the house, cook dinner, wrap some presents, be social with her sister. That would keep her occupied and this vacation more endurable. But then again, what would it change? My mistress would probably just complain about doing the chores when she should be realxing. And her family would most likely not be apeased for long.
For Heaven's sake, this is your vacation, wake up and act like it is! Stop pretending like it's another really lon week-end and enjoy yourself. I must be out of my mind, thinking I can make my mistress listen to me. I'll be in hibernation until this is over.

No comments: